Saturday, May 23, 2009

The Beginning of the End

I'm in the process of cleaning out my room. For the last time. This will be the last time I will clean my room here in LaCrosse, mainly because we're selling the house. As I'm cleaning my mind is either numb to what I'm doing, or racing with thoughts of all the changes happening for my family. And as I'm thinking, it's not necessarily a bad thing that this is happening, just once again, I feel a little lost. When we moved from Osborne it was different. It was Mom, Marshall, and me--my comfort unit moving together to a different town, but still together. Now, this is not the case. I'm cleaning out my room to move to the farm, then on to Norman. Marsh will only be here 2 more weeks (2 MORE WEEKS!!) and then he's gone. His life as a Sooner starts and he's almost no longer ours. Not like he used to be anyway. The only thing that makes me feel better about he move is that is where he wants (and needs) to be. And I'll be there in August. Mom is starting on her own journey too, which is good.
I just hate that once this move is over I won't really have a "home," at least not in the sense that I used too. That comfort zone/place that I could always fall back on, that felt safe and welcoming. Which is all part of the word change....


BUT one good thing: I found these old magazines that I have kept for YEARS! Backstreet Boys, Orlando Bloom, and HANSON. Love it.

No comments: