Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Statement of Goals

Ok so I don't have a problem setting goals...maybe sometimes I have a problem with changing those very goals halfway through...but I still DO like to set them.

Well, for graduate school they want me to write a Statement of goals outlining what I intend to do with a Master's degree for their University. What the hell? I have NO idea what I want to do with a Master's degree from their University. Which is precisely why I want to go to grad school in the first place. I'm 22 years old and I have no idea what I want to do with my life. Getting a real job and getting stuck at this age seems so extremely FRIGHTENING to me right now that I just can't handle the thought, therefore: Grad school. Does no one else in the world feel like this??

I just cannot imagine myself getting an actual job at this point in my life...I mean, I know I have to work, but at a job that I would be doing FOR THE REST OF MY LIFE?? I don't think so... Do you know how much life I plan on living yet? A lot...so why start now with all the serious stuff? I have so many things I want to do before I "settle down, start a family, and work for the rest of my life." Unfortunately, the only way out of that scenario that I can see right now it going to grad school and finding ways to travel and be a kid, which I plan on doing...so quit making me articulate my "goals."


Someday soon I plan on this being MY secret:

No comments: